Saturday, February 12, 2005

Choices, choices

It's a Saturday morning and I am sitting at my computer as usual, before my wife and son get up. I log on weekend mornings for a few reasons. A good friend and I often IM at this time, if we are both on line (we are chatting as I type this). I'll use the quiet time to catch up on e-mails and reading things on line, like friends' blogs or news about my various interests. I'll pay bills if I have any coming due - on line banking is a great convenience, let me tell you.

So now that I have started this blog, I may do some of my blogging at this time too. But the problem is, how do I decide what to write about? Sometimes I can't think of anything that I think would be worth posting. Other times I have a million ideas in my head competing for their space here. What to choose, what to choose? Today, I choose to write about the fact that I find it hard to choose what to write about.

I have lots of interests. I study martial arts. I act in community theater. I'm a big fan of the band Yes, and other progressive rock artists. I love science fiction in all media: books, movies, TV, etc. I love Monty Python and that style of humor. I like baseball. I love to travel. I could write about any or all of those things. I could write about my everyday life, or my philosophies, or I could make something up that has no basis in reality. I think I will eventually write about all of those things, assuming that I don't get sick of this blogging thing, and that everyone who comes by here doesn't tell me to please shut up.

For the moment, I think I will just sign off. I have things to do that require my attention. But I'll be back. Now that I have posted the list of things I might write about, I can refer back to it to remind me, and find some inspiration when I need it. On the other hand, I just might come up with something that isn't on the list. I will try not to be too predictable.

Yeah, this was a boring post. But get used to it; there may well be more.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comments, ladies. I do want to write more here, and I will. I appreciate you reading my blog, and I especially appreciate your feedback! More soon...

    ReplyDelete