Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Read this (other) blog

One reason I decided to go ahead and start my own blog is my enjoyment of reading Wil Wheaton's blog. In case the name isn't instantly familiar, Wil played "Wesley Crusher" on the TV series Star Trek: The Next Generation, and "Gordie" in the film Stand By Me, among many other roles. Wil has had a blog going for several years now, and I have become hooked on his writing. He has a very readable style, quite literate, laced with plenty of humor, but most importantly, brimming with honesty and candor. He has gone through a lot in his life and career, and has shared a great deal of his struggles and triumphs with the readers of his website. The popularity of his blog helped lead him to publish two books, which are collections of his writings on the blog. The two books, Dancing Barefoot and Just a Geek, are fantastic reads IMO. They are published by O'Reilly and are available wherever fine books are sold, as well as at the usual spots. Get them, now.

Anyhow, Wil's blog entry dated February 7, 2005 is one of my favorite ever. I won't tell you about it; you need to read it for yourself. Go here:

http://www.wilwheaton.net/mt/archives/001787.php

After you have read that one, scroll through some of his other recent entries, or take a browse through his archives. I'm betting you will enjoy the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment